Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » wrong number or types of arguments to package procedure in Forms (Forms 12C)
wrong number or types of arguments to package procedure in Forms [message #686072] Tue, 07 June 2022 00:57 Go to next message
RaShi.Raj
Dear All,

The issue is as below (the below steps are to mimic the problem that happening in our development environment)

1. I created a PL/SQL package TEST with procedure TEST_PROC with a single argument.

create or replace package test is
procedure test_proc ( a varchar2);
end test;

create or replace package body test is

procedure test_proc ( a varchar2) IS
BEGIN
insert into temp (x) values (a);
END;
end test;

2. I called this procedure from forms in When-button-pressed trigger and it compiles fine.

TEST.TEST_PROC('a').

3. Now, the requirement is to add another argument to the procedure TEST and I did that as below.

create or replace package test is
procedure test_proc ( a varchar2, b varchar2);
end test;

create or replace package body test is

procedure test_proc ( a varchar2, b varchar2) IS
BEGIN
insert into temp (x, y) values (a, b);
END;
end test;

4. I called this procedure from forms in When-button-pressed trigger as below but it throws error 'Wrong number or types of arguments in call to test_proc.

TEST.TEST_PROC('a','b').

I closed and reopened the forms, connected to DB again.
Dropped the entire package and recreated again with 2 parameters but I still get this error in forms but compiles Ok within pl/sql.

Could some one please help me understand what's happening?

Thanks,
Rashi

Re: wrong number or types of arguments to package procedure in Forms [message #686073 is a reply to message #686072] Tue, 07 June 2022 05:28 Go to previous message
RaShi.Raj
This is a oracle bug and the solution is to flush the shared pool, as explained in this link

https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/Middleware/2640375_1.html
Previous Topic: Tnsnames.ora error
Next Topic: .ORA-12154 ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:38:43 CDT 2024