Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. (Oracle reports 6i)
The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686761] Sun, 25 December 2022 12:35 Go to next message
M17
We have a report with column names displayed on each page. Below these names is a repeating frame with data and sum. Under the repeating frame is a frame with the total amount, the user's name and a place for the user's signature. This last frame is sometimes printed on the last page, and the last entry in the repeating frame is on the previous page.Its need to be on the last page.
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686762 is a reply to message #686761] Mon, 26 December 2022 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
> "Its need to be on the last page"

What has to be on the last page? The "last frame" (which contains total amount and username), or the last entry in the repeating frame? Could you post a screenshot which shows Paper Layout editor and result which illustrates what you have now (and explanation what you'd want to get), as well as frames' properties? It is difficult to blindly guess.
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686763 is a reply to message #686762] Mon, 26 December 2022 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M17
This is a sample

page 1
+----+------+------+----+
|trn | from | to   |amnt|
1    pointA pointB  7.00
      name A name B
      some txt vari
descr able size  (1-3
      rows
-------------------------
2    pointC pointB  2.00
      name A name B
descr some txt var s                       
-------------------------
3    pointB pointD  1.25
descr some txt vari
      able size
                               page n
|trn | from | to   |amnt|
+-----------+-----------+
|      total|      10.25|
| user  _________       |
+-----------+-----------+
Schematic
--M1----------------------+
+----+------+------+----+ |
|b1  | b2   | b3   |b4  | |
+-+--+------+------+----+ |
   \                      |
--R1+--------------------+|
f1    f2     f3    f4    ||
      f5     f6          ||
   b5 f7                 ||
  --b6-----------------  ||
---+---------------------+|
    \                     | 
+-М5-+------+------------+|
|        b7 |        b8  ||
+-----------+------------+|
--------------------------+
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686764 is a reply to message #686762] Mon, 26 December 2022 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M17
Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 26 December 2022 06:29
> "Its need to be on the last page"

What has to be on the last page? The "last frame" (which contains total amount and username), or the last entry in the repeating frame?
both
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686765 is a reply to message #686764] Mon, 26 December 2022 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of the last frame, set it to be printed on the last page. I'd also set the "Page protect" property to "Yes"; otherwise, if might happen that "Total" is printed on one page, while signature goes to the last page.

However, I'm not sure you can do that with the last entry in the repeating frame because you can't reference just that one row.

I don't quite understand, though, why should the last entry be printed separate of all other rows? It belongs to its repeating frame so - depending on number of rows - it might be printed anywhere (first, penultimate or last page, who can tell?).

Maybe you could prepare data to be printed so that you enumerate each row; then calculate number of rows, display all but the last in your current repeating frame and create yet another repeating frame which would then print just that last entry separately, on the last page. I'm just not sure that it is worth the effort.
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #686766 is a reply to message #686765] Tue, 27 December 2022 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M17
Quote:

I don't quite understand, though, why should the last entry be printed separate of all other rows? It belongs to its repeating frame so - depending on number of rows - it might be printed anywhere (first, penultimate or last page, who can tell?).

if the total fits on the same page as the last entry, then ok.
Otherwise, both of these elements must be on the last page, that is, always together

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2022 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #687387 is a reply to message #686765] Mon, 06 March 2023 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M17
Thank you very much! I did as you advised and now, after testing by customers, we send it to production.
Also, maybe you know how to make alternating indents, about which I created another topic on this forum earlier:https://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/686766/#msg_686766
?
Re: The frame with the total amount is separated from the above repeating frame. [message #687411 is a reply to message #687387] Mon, 06 March 2023 12:59 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You're welcome, I'm glad if it helped.
Previous Topic: REP-50004: No report is specified on the command line
Next Topic: Thermal Printer Not printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:59:50 CDT 2024