Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Sudden degrade in Datapump performance (19c )
Sudden degrade in Datapump performance [message #686787] Thu, 05 January 2023 19:26 Go to next message
sekharsomu
We have an issue with data pump performance until recently our Expdp used to take 20 min and impdp would take 5:30 hrs both happen in different schemas and the same database
but from a month or so we start to have bad days on and off where it started taking expdp for upto 45-50 min and impdp ran upto 9 hrs but from the last 9 days this has become standard

Please note that there are no significant changes to DB recently the last was on first week of oct even then the release cycle is a minor change. we already gather stats on a daily basis
So we approached oracle they point MML Backup piece waits are high on bad days compared to good day.
We have tried the export in a different time that doesn't overlap with tape backup but we still see the export taking around 45 min. We have been following up with Oracle

But can you guy please? let me know if there is elsewhere i need to look to get this problem fixed as this is impacting our downstream scheduled

Notes: Unfortunately i cannot put logs due to ND policies but these is regular impdp and expdp scripts nothing fancy and they always complete successfully it never fails only the time is impacted only thing noteworthy is we do is expdp using flashback_scn

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2023 19:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sudden degrade in Datapump performance [message #686788 is a reply to message #686787] Fri, 06 January 2023 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
If you can post a few Statspack or AWR reports for good runs and bad runs, one might be able to see what is going on. Be sure to generate them now, before your snapshots get purged.
It seems that Support is suggesting that your backups are interfering with the export/import, which is unlikely but I suppose it could be possible.
Re: Sudden degrade in Datapump performance [message #686789 is a reply to message #686788] Fri, 06 January 2023 02:42 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
which is unlikely but I suppose it could be possible.

Both have high IO and memory activities and you read the same disk blocks...

(and even CPU activity if you add encryption)

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2023 02:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SQLLDR ERROR
Next Topic: sqlldr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:19:39 CDT 2024